As a prayerful person, I often pray for miracles. Even when I don’t get the miracle I asked for, I feel like prayer works: my heart is lighter and my mind becomes clearer. My prayers during my breast cancer journey have given me the strength to face this disease with confidence and hope. These prayers were answered, in part, because of the tremendous medical support system that surrounded me throughout my treatment—and continues to surround me today as I recover from surgery. The doctors at the Vanderbilt Breast Center are phenomenal and the nurses, care coordinators, social workers, and oncology staff are a vital part of my healing team.”
Strong Prayers For Breast Cancer Surgery
1. Father, I thank you for giving me another day to live in this world.
Father, I thank you for giving me another day to live in this world.
Thank you for being able to see your family again. Thank you for this gift of life that you have given me and my loved ones. Thank you for being able to see the sunset at the end of a long day; it reminds me that despite any challenges we may face, there is still beauty in this world worth fighting for! Thank you also for allowing me to witness another sunrise—a reminder that tomorrow will bring new opportunities and hope.
2. Lord Jesus, I know I have been a good person and have not done harm to anyone.
- Jesus is our savior
- Jesus loves us
- Jesus died for us
- Jesus forgives us.
- Jesus will help us through this time.
3. God, I thank you for everything that has happened in my life, for their great learning.
When you’re in the hospital and going through treatment, it’s easy to get down on yourself. You’re dealing with a serious illness, you don’t feel like yourself, and you feel disoriented by the number of painkillers they give you. But one thing that helps keep me grounded is remembering how grateful I am for everything that has happened in my life up until this point—good and bad. I’m thankful for all the trials because they’ve made me stronger; I’m thankful for my family who has supported me throughout everything; I’m thankful God gave me this opportunity to grow closer to him!
This prayer can be said at any time during surgery or recovery:
4. Dear Lord, may your angels always be by my side, so that they may protect me from all evil.
Dear Lord, may your angels always be by my side, so that they may protect me from all evil.
Angels are a symbol of God’s love and protection. They are always with us, even when we don’t see them. Angels are our guardians, and they are there to protect us from harm. They guide us through life and show us the way towards good things in life!
You can ask for a guardian angel to come into your life who will protect you during this time of healing! Ask your guardian angel not only to help you heal physically but also spiritually so when the surgery is over it doesn’t have a negative impact on yourself or others around you!
5. Heavenly Father, thank you for giving me all the blessings of life.
- Thank God for the blessings of life.
- Don’t forget to thank God for the people in your life.
- Don’t forget to thank God for the things you have.
- Don’t forget to thank God for the things you don’t have.
6. Holy Spirit, please help me feel calm and relaxed on the day of my surgery.
On the day of your surgery, please help me to feel calm and relaxed. I pray that you would give me strength and courage, so that I may embrace this procedure with peace and faith.
Please bring forth a good outcome for my surgery as well as an excellent doctor and nurse team who can carry out your will by administering appropriate care during this process.
I also pray that a good anesthesiologist is present during my operation. You know best which one to choose; please ensure that they are the best person for the job!
I ask you to keep me in recovery mode after the operation so that I can make a full recovery from any surgical complications or complications due to anesthesia use (such as infections).
7. These prayers give you something meaningful to meditate on during a stressful time.
- Prayers can help you feel more relaxed
- Prayers can help you feel more connected to God
- Prayers can help you feel more connected to other people
- Prayers can give you a sense of purpose
- Prayers can help you feel more confident
There are many prayers that can be said to help you through a cancer diagnosis, but remember that prayers are not a cure. They should be used in combination with medical treatment to help patients feel stronger and more confident about their fight against this horrible disease. We hope these prayers for breast surgery have helped you find strength during your journey!