This is a collection of short prayers of gratitude to God for blessings. These prayers are great for use in a devotional or personal prayer journal.
Section: 1. Thank You, Lord, for all the blessings You give me each day. Help me appreciate them more fully and share Your love with others who may be less fortunate than I am.
Section: 2. Thank You, Lord, for this food we receive from Your bounty and bless it to nourish our bodies and fill our hearts with love for You.
Section: 3. Bless us today with Your peace as we wait upon You; may we always know that we are loved by You and that you have called us into fellowship with Yourself so that we might live as sons and daughters of God forevermore! Amen!
Takeaway: With these short prayers of gratitude, you can begin each day anew with a sense of peace about your life and an awareness that God has given you all things for your good (Romans 8:28).
Short Prayers Of Gratitude To God For Blessings
1. Lord, I’m grateful for the beauty of the world you created and the people you have blessed me with.
- God, I’m grateful for the beauty of the world you created.
- God, I’m grateful for my family and friends.
- God, I’m grateful for your blessings in my life. Your blessings are many, and they’re all important to me!
2. Father, thank you for your unfailing love and grace.
Father, thank you for your unfailing love and grace. Your love is unconditional, everlasting, and for everyone. Thank you for blessing me with the gift of salvation through Jesus Christ. I am so grateful that I can be accepted by God because of what Jesus did on the cross for me. Thank you for giving us all a chance to know Him intimately; it is an honor to be called your child!
3. Lord, I am grateful for your mercy and forgiveness.
No matter what you need to forgive, I pray that you will find the strength and courage to ask for forgiveness and receive it. Forgiveness is a gift, but it’s also a choice. When we choose to forgive someone who has wronged us or hurt us in any way, we are saying that they have value as human beings and because of this we choose not to hold onto anger or resentment towards them.
Forgiveness can be a process that takes time; however, once it is completed successfully there are many benefits that come from choosing to forgive others:
- You will experience freedom from bitterness and resentment which can damage your own health emotionally as well as physically (Proverbs 15:1).
- The Holy Spirit helps us see ourselves through His eyes which allows us to grow spiritually (Galatians 5:22-23).
- Forgiving others show our faithfulness to God Who forgives us when we fail (Matthew 6:12).
- When you remain unforgiving towards someone else, you are really hurting yourself more than anyone else!
4. Jesus, thank you for being our Savior and giving us eternal life.
Thank you, Jesus, for being our Savior and giving us eternal life. You are the only way to heaven. We can’t earn our salvation; it’s a free gift from God! Thank you for dying on the cross so that we could go to heaven when we die. Through your death and resurrection, we have been given new life in Christ—and this is what we celebrate when we come together at church each week!
5. Holy Spirit, thank you for being our helper and comforter.
Thank you for the Holy Spirit, who is our helper, comforter, guide, teacher, and resource.
We thank you that he is our strength and our friend. We thank you that he is our counselor, for he can lead us into all truth. We thank you for this time in which we seek to grow closer to you through prayer and meditation on your Word.
6. Father, thank you for providing all my needs according to your riches in glory by Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:19)
Father, thank you for providing all my needs according to your riches in glory by Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:19)
Praising God is the best way to honor him. He deserves all our praise because he made us and everything around us. When we praise him, he knows that we appreciate what he has done for us and will do more good things in our lives! Praise also shows that we love him above all else, even our own lives or possessions.
As believers who know Jesus as Lord, we have been given a promise: “Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new” (2 Corinthians 5:17). This means that any problems or hardships you face are temporary—not permanent! You may not see how good God can be yet but keep trusting him because one day you will see how much better off you were before these trials came along!
7. Father, thank you for being faithful to complete the good work you started in me. (Philippians 1:6)
Father, thank you for being faithful to complete the good work you started in me. You are faithful to your promises and steadfast in your Word. You are also faithful to your people, your church, and especially Your children. Thank You, Lord!
8. Heavenly Father, thank you for loving me with everlasting love. (Jeremiah 31:3)
Heavenly Father, thank you for loving me with everlasting love.
The Bible tells us that God’s love is unconditional, eternal, and everlasting. But what does that really mean? God has never stopped loving you or me as human beings — even when we mess up! In fact, he still loves us even if we reject his offer of salvation and decide to live without him in our lives. His love is not a feeling; it’s an expression of his character as the One who cares about each person enough to send His Son Jesus Christ as a sacrifice for our sins (John 3:16-17). The only reason why I am able to receive this amazing gift of unconditional love from God is that He decided to make me part of His family through faith in Jesus Christ alone (Ephesians 1:3-7).
God’s desire is that all people would come into a relationship with Him so they could experience His overwhelming goodness firsthand (1 John 3:2). If you haven’t yet made this decision, please keep reading below…
9. Father in Heaven, I am grateful that you hear me when I pray. (1 John 5:14)
Father in Heaven, I am grateful that you hear me when I pray. (1 John 5:14)
There is no doubt that God hears our prayers. The Bible says so: “And with Him are the keys of death and Hades” (Revelation 1:18). This means that he holds the keys and controls everything in death and hell. He can open or close the gates of these places as he pleases!
God is always faithful to His promises. If you believe what Jesus said about praying for things like healing, then God will do them for you if it is His will for your life! Of course, sometimes we may not get what we asked for but still have faith that God knows best and will provide us with all things necessary according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus!
10. Pray daily to God about everything!
Pray daily to God about everything!
- Pray for guidance and wisdom
- Pray for help in doing the right thing
- Pray for forgiveness
- Pray for protection from all harm, especially from evil spirits
- Pray for peace and comfort in your heart, soul, mind, and body (1 Thessalonians 5:23; Philippians 4:6-9)
- When you pray always make sure that you are asking in accordance with God’s will. Never ask anything from God unless it is first His will or purpose. You wouldn’t want to be presumptuous and ask something that may not be good or pleasing to Him as this would be an insult to His character. This is why when we pray we must first seek His face through prayerful meditation on His word which leads us into truth where we can know what it means concerning our situation before we speak those words out loud so that nothing bad could happen because of our ignorance over such matters.”
If you want to be happy, start by being grateful. Your attitude determines your altitude and how well you enjoy life’s journey. So focus on the blessings that come into your life each day!