Today’s post is about the prayer for safe travel.
Section: Prayer for Safe Travel As a Muslim, you should know that Allah has promised to guide those who are traveling in search of knowledge or to earn a living, or just for pleasure, as long as they fulfill five conditions. What are these conditions?
Section: The first condition is that one should not be careless about his prayers when traveling. He must offer them at their proper times and pray for forgiveness and help from Allah in keeping away from what He has forbidden him. If he fails to do so, Allah will not accept the traveler’s prayer until he offers it again after performing an expiation (kaffarah).
Prayer For Safe Travel
1. Lord, the great lover of our souls, the protector of those who trusts in you, I commit to your care the journey before me.
Lord, the great lover of our souls, the protector of those who trusts in you, I commit to your care the journey before me.
I have no fear because you are with me. Your angels surround me and guide my feet. You are with us as we travel and will keep us safe from harm. In your love for us, help us to find ways to share your love with others along the way.
2. Guide my feet. Show me the way I should go. Keep me from stumbling along the way and shield me from harm.
Guide my feet. Show me the way I should go. Keep me from stumbling along the way and shield me from harm.
- God will guide you in all things: Psalm 37:23, Proverbs 3:5-6
- God will show you the way: Matthew 7:14
- God will protect you: Psalm 121:1, Deuteronomy 33:27
- Shielded by His angels from all harm, dangers seen and unseen. You are always safe with Him!
3. Protect me from dangers seen and unseen. Surround me with your holy angels to keep me safe wherever I go.
- Protect me from dangers seen and unseen. Surround me with your holy angels to keep me safe wherever I go.
- Always seek what is right and true. Keep eyes on God, keep eyes on you, keep eyes on the road ahead, and keep eyes on the road.
- Pray that my journey will be safe, peaceful, and full of joyous discovery!
4. Keep my eyes fixed on the road ahead of me, and keep my mind alert at all times so that I may be aware of those things that would cause me harm or lead me astray.
- Keep my eyes fixed on the road ahead of me, and keep my mind alert at all times so that I may be aware of those things that would cause me harm or lead me astray.
- I promise to drive carefully, with due regard for others who share the highway with me.
- I will not allow my mind to wander; instead, I will focus it on the task at hand so that nothing happens by accident or inattention when driving.
5. Put a hedge around all that I love. Wherever they may be at this very moment, watch over them in your tender mercy.
God’s love is always present. It is there even when we are too distracted to notice it, and it will continue to be there long after we have forgotten about it ourselves. God’s love is also constant: no matter where we go or what circumstances come up in our lives, God will always be there for us—to comfort us and guide us along the way.
Finally, God’s love for you is unconditional. You don’t need to do anything special in order for God’s love for you to grow stronger; all that matters is that he knows how much He loves you already. I pray that this knowledge never leaves your mind while traveling today!
God has given me things that I need on my journey today: my driver’s license and passport (which are both very important but also kind of bulky), a packed lunch (which reminds me not only about food but also about family), and money for tolls (so far I have found no toll roads).
6. Help us to keep our eyes on you so we may always seek what is right and true as we navigate this life together,
Help us to keep our eyes on you, so that we may always seek what is right and true as we navigate this life together;
Keep us mindful of the people around us, especially those less fortunate than ourselves. Let us be aware of our surroundings at all times and remain alert for any potential dangers;
Grant us strength in times of weakness, wisdom in times of confusion, and peace during times of turmoil.
7. For only in you can we find peace, hope, comfort, and joy as we journey on to eternity.
Only in you can we find peace, hope, comfort, and joy as we journey on to eternity. No matter what the circumstances may be, you are the only source of safety and protection for your children. You alone are able to give us eternal life because only through your Son did God create all things. You alone reveal yourself to us through the scriptures so that we can know how to live our lives according to your will and how to worship you properly. We trust in these things as we set out on our journey today: for only in you can we find peace, hope, comfort, and joy as we journey on to eternity.
- You alone grant us peace when life is difficult or stressful;
- You grant hope when facing overwhelming odds;
- You grant comfort when feeling sad or discouraged;
- And most importantly…you give JOY!
8. Remember God’s care for you when traveling
Remember that God is always there to protect you.
Remember that God is always there to guide you.
Remember that God is always there to love you.
Remember that God is always there to forgive you.
Remember that God is always there to give hope in this world of uncertainty and danger, where life can change in a moment and anything can happen at any time.
God will see you through all difficulties on your journey; he will help keep your heart from being troubled or afraid; he will give strength when fear tries to overwhelm it, and peace when anxiety knocks on your door asking for entry into your mind and spirit (see John 14:1). He promises never-ending protection – even during those times when everything around us seems unfriendly or threatening – because he knows what’s best for us (see Psalm 91).
Always remember that God’s love is with you wherever you go. He will guide your path and keep you safe as you travel on this journey through life. Remember to pray for protection from all harm, and remember that he will always be there when times get tough.