In the Bible, The Book of Acts records the story of Philip, who was sent out by Jesus to serve people in Samaria. He came across a group of men who had been involved in witchcraft and sorcery. They were at a place called Samaria and had been doing what they could to help their community through their gifts and talents. But they found themselves trapped by the devil’s power and unable to do anything more than performing the same tricks over and over again. When Philip arrived in town, he began preaching about Jesus Christ right away. As soon as these men heard about God’s love for them through Jesus’ death on the cross for their sins—and His ability to give them new life—they were able to break free from bondage once and for all!
Powerful Prayers For Volunteers
1. Lord, thank You for this opportunity and for the blessing of service. May I enjoy this experience and give my best to it.
- Thank God for the opportunity to serve.
- Thank God for the blessing of service.
2. Heavenly Father, I ask that You would bless this work with Your Spirit and love. Please guide me in how I can be most helpful.
You are a representative of Christ, and His love and power are at work in you. Let’s pray for each other:
- Heavenly Father, I ask that You would bless this work with Your Spirit and love. Please guide me in how I can be most helpful as I serve these individuals. Help us all to recognize our own gifts and talents so we may use them to serve others.
- Lord Jesus, we need Your forgiveness! We know that it is only by Your grace that we can be saved from the power of sin—and it is only through faith in You that we receive this gift of salvation freely offered by God’s mercy alone! Please give us hearts willing not only to seek forgiveness but also to forgive others when they have wronged us—even those who have sinned against us many times over!
- Holy Spirit, come upon these people today with your presence so they may truly experience the beauty of being loved unconditionally by our Creator God Almighty Himself! And help me remember how much He loves me too!”
3. Lord, show me how I can be Your hands and feet in this situation. Reveal how I can help those who are in need.
- Lord, show me how I can be Your hands and feet in this situation. Reveal how I can help those who are in need.
- Give me the courage to do what is right even though it may be difficult or unpopular.
- Give me the strength to continue despite fatigue, discouragement or opposition from others.
- Help me have patience with those involved with this task, especially when they are slow to respond or react negatively.
- Give me wisdom so that my decisions will not lead us into trouble or waste precious resources but instead benefit all involved—including myself!
4. Heavenly Father, may my efforts affect the lives of everyone involved in a lasting way. Please keep us all safe during this time.
Heavenly Father, may my efforts affect the lives of everyone involved in a lasting way. Please keep us all safe during this time.
I pray that You would bless every step we take and every word we speak. May our work be effective, fruitful, and fruitful for years to come. In Jesus’ name, I pray, amen!
5. Jesus, please prepare my heart to meet the needs of others in this situation. May they feel Your love through me today.
Prayer is powerful because it connects us to the source of all love, joy, peace, hope, comfort, strength and healing. Jesus is the source of everything that’s good in our lives. When you pray for others with these thoughts in mind, it will help them feel your love and care for them even more than if you don’t pray at all!
Prayer also helps us focus on what really matters: not our own needs but those of others. Many times we’re so wrapped up in our own problems that we forget about helping others who may need us more than we do ourselves! By praying for volunteers before they go into any situation where someone might be hurt or sick (or otherwise vulnerable), you’ll remind yourself that their needs are more important than yours; which means that when something goes wrong during the day everyone can come back home safely because they won’t feel afraid anymore!
6. Remind yourself that every person is important to God.
If you are a volunteer, chances are that at some point you will feel like your work is not making a difference. The resistance of the world and its inhabitants can be discouraging. When this happens, remember God’s love for us is unconditional (Romans 5:8). God loves everyone, even those who reject Him or his ways.
God’s love is also not based on our actions (John 3:16). God loves us because He created us in His image, but it doesn’t mean we will always act like He wants us to act! We can still feel loved even when we do things that aren’t pleasing to Him or others around us. As Christians, we understand that we all sin and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3), but even though our deeds may not always reflect His glory–His unconditional love still shines through!
If you’re looking for ways to make a difference in your community and get more involved with the people around you, volunteering can be a great way to do this. We hope these prayers for volunteers will help keep you focused on the good work that lies ahead!