When your family is going through a hard time, it can feel incredibly isolating. But there’s nothing you could be going through that hasn’t been experienced by another family at some point. And even though you can’t control what happens to your family, you can pray for strength and guidance. Here are nine powerful prayers for families in crisis that will help you get through it.
Powerful Prayers For Families In Crisis
1. A Prayer for Families in Crisis
We come to you today with a prayer for our families. We pray that You would deliver them from the evil one and bring them into Your presence. We pray for their protection from any adversity that may befall them. We pray for the healing of all wounds and hurts, both physical and emotional, within our family units. We know that You are faithful in all things, so we cast all of our cares upon You now and rest in Your promises as we trust in Your goodness, mercy, and grace. Amen!
2. Prayer for Your Family’s Health
You will never be alone in your struggle. The Holy Spirit is always with you, and he is ready to help you find peace in the midst of your pain. Pray this prayer when you are sick or healthy:
- Jesus, I thank you for giving me this day to live and breathe your grace into my life. Please use me as an instrument of your love today!
- Lord God, please bless my family with good health and happiness. Let them know that they can come to me whenever they need help or encouragement!
3. A Prayer That God Would Protect Your Family
Let us pray:
Dear Lord, thank you for being with us in our time of need and for providing comfort through the many blessings in our lives. Please protect my family from harm and help them find their way back to you. Amen!
4. Prayer for Healing a Broken Relationship
- Pray for forgiveness.
- Pray for healing and restoration in your relationship with the other person. Ask God to give you a fresh start, where the past isn’t held against you but can be forgotten and forgiven.
- Pray specifically for the person who hurt or wronged you—that they will be healed and restored as well (1 Corinthians 12:26).
- Ask God what He wants from each of you individually as well as from your relationship together (Romans 12:2). If there are any changes that need to be made on either side, ask Him to lead those conversations between both parties involved.
- Invite other people into this process by asking them to pray with and for you.
5. A Prayer for Financial Security
We pray for your provision. We ask that you provide for our needs and wants. We pray that you meet the needs of our family and provide a way for us to live in comfort, health, and peace. Help us find ways to replace what we have lost so that we can continue on as a unit with strength and security. We thank you for your mercy and grace in all things.
6. Prayer for Help in Times of Trouble
It’s easy to feel helpless in the face of a crisis. But you don’t have to feel powerless; prayer is an incredibly powerful tool that can help you stay hopeful, calm, and confident during times of trouble.
Prayer is a way to talk with God, who is always there waiting for you to ask for help when you need it most. Prayer helps us connect with our Creator on a deeper level; it helps us see things from His perspective and reminds us that He cares about every little detail of our lives—even those details we may not realize matter so much!
Prayers can be for ourselves or for others: “Dear God, please help me find another job.” Or “Father in heaven, please comfort my friend as she goes through this difficult time.” Or even “Lord Jesus Christ, come into my heart! Forgive my sins!” Whatever your heart needs right now—whether it’s relief from fear or hope in times of uncertainty—prayer gives us the opportunity to express those desires out loud so they are heard by God Himself.
7. A Prayer to Release Fear
- Pray for peace
- Pray for comfort
- Pray for strength
- Pray for wisdom and guidance
- Pray for patience and healing
8. Prayers to Give You Strength
You can find many prayers for strength, courage, perseverance, and hope in the Bible. For example:
- Psalm 23:4 says, “Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death.” In this psalm, David is saying that no matter what happens in his life he will always be able to persevere because God is with him. He knows he will come out on top because God has promised him that.
- Psalm 27:13 says, “I would have lost heart unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.” In this psalm, David again talks about how important it is for him to believe in God and His power so that he can continue with his mission.
9. A Prayer to Know that You’re Not Alone
You are not alone. There is an eternal, faithful God who loves you and cares for you. You are precious in His sight and He wants to give you peace and comfort.
Prayer: Heavenly Father, thank You for loving me so much that You sent Your Son Jesus Christ to die on the cross for my sins so that I could be forgiven, cleansed from sin by His blood, justified by faith in Him alone, made a child of God forever through adoption into His family (John 1:12-13), filled with the Holy Spirit (Eph 5:18), born again spiritually (1 Peter 1:3-5), given eternal life in heaven with Him one day soon when I die (John 3:16; 10:28-29). Help me remember these truths today as I go through this difficult time in my life—that although it may seem like no one understands what I am going through right now or wants anything to do with me right now—I am still loved by You! Please help me know that even though there might be moments when nobody else seems interested or available—there is someone who cares about every single thing happening inside this heart of mine! That person is Jesus Christ Himself! He promises never ever ever leave us nor forsake us (Heb 13:5). In fact…let’s look at what His Word says about how much He loves us!!!
“But God demonstrates his own love toward us in this: While we were still sinners [sinful people], CHRIST died for us.” Romans 5:8 NIV
10. If you are hurting, you can pray.
If you are hurting, you can pray. You may not believe that prayer will help or if it will be answered. But, if your loved one is in the hospital and needs some kind of miracle, pray! If she needs surgery and her body is not responding to all the treatment options available, pray! You see, people have been praying for miracles since Jesus’ time on earth. And many prayers were answered. So don’t give up on prayer just yet!
I believe that there are four types of people who need our prayers right now: those who are sick with physical illness (such as cancer), those who are suffering from mental illness (such as depression), and those whose lives have been destroyed by addiction like alcohol or drugs; and finally, those who have lost their jobs and cannot find work anywhere at all because they live in an economically depressed area like Detroit Michigan where good jobs just do not exist anymore due to automation replacing human workers everywhere these days.”
God is always with you. His presence is not limited to a time or place, and He is always listening. Pray from your heart, wherever you are and whatever you’re feeling.