MFM Daily Devotional October 8 2022
THEME: The Mercy Of God (III)
SCRIPTURE: – Lamentations 3:22-23 “It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.”
The power and benefits of divine mercy cannot be over-emphasised. We shall examine some of them today.
First, mercy will spare you and keep you from destruction. It was mercy that delivered the Israelites from 430 years of bondage. When God decided to kill all the firstborn in Egypt, the Israelites were spared. God gave the divine strategy for their preservation. Similarly, it was mercy that Rahab obtained and she and her family were spared during the destruction of Jericho. It was mercy that also spared Peter’s life and brought him out of Herod’s incarceration
Second, mercy will make you invincible. The person who received mercy cannot be contended with and destroyed. The one who contends with you will fall for your sake. David had obtained God’s mercy. Saul sought to kill him. Saul died a terrible and miserable death. It was the mercy of God that made the Israelites unconquerable for Pharaoh, the Amalekites, Sihon King of Amorites and Og the king of Bashan. The one who obtains mercy will always be more than a conqueror!
The third thing mercy does is that it helps destiny to fly. Mercy serves as divine wings upon which destinies fly, find expression and fulfilment. Paul said, “I am what I am by the mercy of God. Though he was the last apostle, Paul accomplished mightier things than many of the apostles that came before him. He also wrote two third of the New Testament. Mercy gave Paul’s destiny the power to fly and get fulfilled.
The fourth thing mercy does is that it triumphs over judgement. Jonah had disobeyed God and a whale had swallowed him. For three days and three nights, he faced the judgement. But when he cried to God in repentance and for mercy, God commanded the whale to vomit him. He had a second chance to correct his mistakes and obey God. Mercy bailed Jonah out. It triumphed over judgement for him. It was the same mercy that saved the people of Nineveh because they repented and were not destroyed when Jonah took God’s word to them.
Beloved, I encourage you to go to the throne of grace and receive mercy and help today.
- Father, let Your mercy deliver me from known and unknown bondage, as it did for the Israelites, in the name of Jesus.
- My Father, let Your mercy save my family from death and damnation as You did for Ruth, in the name of Jesus.
- I declare that am a candidate of God’s mercy, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, by Your mercy, make me indestructible as You did for David, in the name of Jesus.
- I come to the throne of grace today, and I receive mercy and help, in the name of Jesus.
- Rain of mercy, my life is available, fall into my life, in the name of Jesus.
- Divine voice of mercy, speak to my life and destiny, in the name of Jesus.