MFM Daily Devotional October 21 2022
THEME: Biblical Examples Of Men That Walked In The Spirit: Enoch
SCRIPTURE: And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.” – Genesis 5:24
Proverbs 16:7, “When a man’s ways please the LORD, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him.” The memory verse of today tells us that Enoch walked with God, and we know that walking with God means one thing; he completely obeyed God. Walking with God means that the fellow has completely gone out of his own comfort zone and totally surrendered himself to the ways of God, whether convenient or not. In the days of Enoch, there was no Christian gathering of any sort. There were no churches as we have now where we can gather to fellowship together and ignite more fire in our lives. He was alone and focused on God.
In these times when the multitude of churches are not enough to keep the Christians focused, even workers in the house of God are trying to use worldly approach to handle God’s business. The Christians working in the secular setting keep compromising because they do not want to seem too religious in the eyes of their colleagues. Christians are ashamed of the gospel of Christ. The Bible says that Enoch had a testimony that he pleased God.
The question is; how can I please God? Because the Bible did not say much about Enoch but it teaches us in many ways how we can please God:
- Fear Him. Psalm 33:18
- Preach the gospel. Matthew 28:19
- Humility. 1 Peter 5:5
- Give sacrificially and cheerfully. 1 Kings 8:63
- Intercede for others. 1 Timothy 2:1-3
- Obey His commands. Exodus 19:5
- Broken and a contrite spirit. Psalm 34:18
- Show love and mercy to others. Micah 6:8
- Have clean hands and pure heart. Psalm 24:4-5
Dear reader, look through these points and examine yourself. Carefully study the scriptures and align yourself to the ways of the Lord. There is no prayer we can pray in hell, neither is there repentance in hell fire. Let us emulate the rugged faith of Enoch and live our lives to please the Father.
- Anointing that breaks the yoke, break the evil yokes troubling my soul, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, give me the grace to walk in Your ways, in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, make my life pleasing unto You, in the name of Jesus.
- Any strongman that wants me to end my journey in hell, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Holy Ghost, empower me to focus on God in the midst of worldly distractions, in the name of Jesus.
- Grace to follow the Lord all the days of my life, overshadow my life now, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, help me the way You helped Enoch, in the name of Jesus.