MFM Daily Devotional October 15 2022
THEME: The New Way Of Life (I)
SCRIPTURE: – John 14:6 “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”
Jesus Christ came to teach a new way of life. He came to give His followers an abundant life – full of purpose, potential and joy. In John 14:6, He said, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” Are you living the way Jesus wants. Also, Jesus said He came so His followers “may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly” (John 10:10b).
The Christian way of life is the best way of life possible! We are saved to practise Christian living. It is the key to experiencing the abundant life Jesus offers all believers. However, if there is a new way of life introduced by Jesus, there must be an old way of life. The new way should be embraced and the old way of life should be abandoned or jettisoned. That is why 1 Corinthians 15:45-48 says, “And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven. As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.”
The new way of life Jesus offers cannot be lived with the Adamic nature. The old Adam brought sin into the world. The Adamic nature struggles with sin, obedience, holiness, giving, service and so on. The last Adam (Jesus) is a life-giving spirit. He was from heaven and without sin. He was also made the sinless sacrifice for the whole world.
Beloved, the new way of life Jesus introduced is characterised by love, faith, peace, unity and obedience, among others. All these are essential for the fulfilment of our divine purpose to the glory of God. However, you must be born again and be indwelt by the Spirit of God for you to receive the enabling to live the new life in Christ (John 3:3). The Bible also affirms, “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new” (2 Corinthians 5:17).
- l embrace the abundant life that Jesus offered me, in the name of Jesus.
- I forsake the old way of life and accept the new way of life characterised by love, forgiveness, unity and peace, in the name of Jesus.
- I overcome the works of the flesh, in the name of Jesus.
- I receive the character and power of Christ for mountain-top Christian living, in the name of Jesus.
- I overcome the spirit of sin and death, in the name of Jesus.
- I receive the enabling to live the new life in Christ Jesus, in the name of Jesus.
- I shall live in obedience of God’s word all the days of my life, in the name of Jesus.