The theme for MFM Daily Devotional January 22 2023 is ”Lessons From The Life Of Joseph Of Arimathea (III)”
Here is today’s MFM daily devotional designed for your today’s spiritual refreshment. Kindly read today’s teaching by Dr DK Olukoya, meditate on the word of God and endeavour to act in accordance with them. As you start your day with God through his word, may he go before you to perfect all you have to do today.
Read MFM Daily Devotional January 22 2023.
SCRIPTURE: “Moreover the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, Jeremiah, what seest thou? And I said, I see a rod of an almond tree.” – Jeremiah 1:11.
We have been on the study of the life of Joseph of Arimathea. Today, we want to explore another area of his life that could be of great benefit to us.
Joseph of Arimathea’s life exemplified foresight, preparation and correct positioning. He was a man of foresight. He saw beyond the immediate and then aligned to fulfil prophecy. “For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption” (Psalms 16:10). A prophecy had gone forth that Jesus’ body must not see corruption. However, prophecies do not just get fulfilled on their own without the cooperation of man with God to make them happen. Joseph positioned himself aright to be the one to honour Jesus’ body by giving Him a befitting burial and not allowing Him to see corruption. He stepped out in faith ahead of time by hewing out a new tomb out of the rock to bury Jesus.
While Jesus’ twelve disciples were scattered abroad, clueless on the foregoing circumstances, Joseph had prepared and correctly positioned himself to be there for Jesus. He gave his very best to the Master and wrote his name in gold letters. We are able to read about Joseph today not because he was rich or prominent but because he did not allow the King of Glory to see corruption. He gave the Son of God a grand burial. Another person who correctly positioned herself as such was Jael. Prophecy had equally gone ahead that a woman would kill Sisera, the enemy of God’s people. She positioned herself to fulfil this prophecy (Judges 4:9,17-22).
Beloved, what do you see? When God is looking for a vessel to use and send, will you be available? How prepared are you for the place God is preparing for you? May we always be at the right place at the right time, doing the right things, in Jesus’ name.
- Father, arise and prepare me for what You have prepared for me, in the name of Jesus.
- Today, I refuse to be at the right place at the wrong time, in the name of Jesus.
- I refuse to be clueless; I receive the foresight to know what to do per time, in the name of Jesus.
- I decree that my position will not be taken over by another, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, give me divine alertness to recognise divine opportunities, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, give me the ability that is equal to my opportunities, in the name of Jesus.
- I pursue, overtake and recover every lost opportunity, in the name of Jesus.