The theme for MFM Daily Devotional January 2 2023 is ”Be Grateful Always (II)”
Here is today’s MFM daily devotional designed for your today’s spiritual refreshment. Kindly read today’s teaching by Dr DK Olukoya, meditate on the word of God and endeavour to act in accordance with them. As you start your day with God through his word, may he go before you to perfect all you have to do today.
Read MFM Daily Devotional January 2 2023.
SCRIPTURE: “O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.” – Psalms 136:1
Yesterday, we established the biblical truth that gratitude is the open door to abundance and that staying grateful is an important key for having a uniquely great year for every believer. Today, we shall examine more of the amazing benefits of staying grateful to God.
(6) It will draw you closer to God and qualify you for more of His blessings. In Luke 17:11-19, out of the ten lepers that Jesus healed, one stayed grateful. He returned, glorified God and thanked Him. He did not take the favour of the Lord for granted like the other nine. Jesus put a divine seal on his healing – he was made completely free from leprosy! (7) It brings contentment and makes what you have enough. It will save you from incurring God’s wrath like the Israelites who murmured against Him in the wilderness. Godliness with contentment is great gain (1 Timothy 6:6-8). (8) It deepens faith. I encourage you to keep a record of God’s faithfulness. It is called gratitude or testimonies journal. Read them from time to time and you will never forget that God is forever faithful. This will boost your faith (Psalm 136:1). (9) It leads to joy. Psalm 126:1-3 confirms that the Hebrew exiles were thankful to God for turning around their captivity, and the result of their gratitude was their hearts being filled with joy. (10) It protects you from falling prey to the devil’s lies and deceits. (11) It guards you against envy. You will be happy with what you have and will not want what belongs to someone else. A heart that is truly grateful has no room left for envy. (12) It helps you live in the present and appreciate God’s goodness every time. Ungrateful people ask, “Why were the former days better than these? For it is not from wisdom that you ask this” (Ecclesiastes 7:10). (13) It is a way of giving your testimony. Every time you openly thank God and acknowledge His goodness in your life, you make yourself evidence of a changed or blessed life and that is a testimony.
Beloved, make gratitude your hallmark. Thank God profusely for what you have on a daily basis. He will give you what you want and your joy will be full this year and beyond, in the name of Jesus.
- My Father, give me the grace to stay grateful to you all the days of my life, in the name of Jesus.
- This year, I reject ingratitude, murmuring and complaining, in the name of Jesus.
- O God, give me all the amazing benefits that are due to Your thankful children, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, I appreciate You because You are the source of all the blessings that I enjoy, in the name of Jesus.
- This year, my life shall be a great wonder and testimony, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, let the sacrifice of thanksgiving and praise that I offer to You daily be acceptable in your sight, in the name of Jesus.
- O God, arise and bless me with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places, in the name of Jesus.
Credit for today’s Mountain of fire‘s daily devotional January 2 2023: Mountain of Fire Ministries/Mountain of Fire