The theme for MFM Daily Devotional December 2 2022 is ”Praise Attitude Adjustment (II)”
Here is today’s MFM daily devotional designed for your today’s spiritual refreshment. Kindly read today’s teaching by Dr DK Olukoya, meditate on the word of God and endeavour to act in accordance with them. As you start your day with God through his word, may he go before you to perfect all you have to do today.
Read MFM Daily Devotional December 2 2022.
SCRIPTURE: “But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.” – Psalms 22:3
Yesterday, we noted that many believers are missing out on the wonderful benefits of praise and that heaven is not happy about that. We also identified that the reason such people are not enjoying the blessings of praise is their wrong attitude, and advocated praise attitude adjustment.
People’s wrong attitude towards praise and the attendant consequences are due to two reasons. First, such people do not know the values or benefits of praise. Hence, they abuse and under-utilise it. Second, they do not know how to praise God. Therefore, we will now address these two issues.
The wonders of praise cannot be overestimated. We are created to praise and worship God. The spirit beings in heaven are devoted to praise and worship (Revelation 4 and 5). With our praise, we throw the spotlight on our God who deserves to be glorified. The more we put the spotlight on Him, the more He causes us to shine. Praise grants us intimacy with God. It is the antidote and cure to depression, discouragement, failure, defeat, pain and sorrow, especially in the last days that are characterised by disturbing events and signs. Praise brings God into every situation. It opens prison doors and sets prisoners free. It wins battles. It brings healing. It releases the anointing, brings solutions and breaks yokes. It is a formidable weapon of warfare for wise and discerning believers. Dear reader, I enjoin you to develop the right praise attitude. Cultivate a lifestyle of daily and continuous praise to God. You will experience the power of God’s abiding, indwelling and empowering presence.
How should you praise God? Knowing this will also help you to develop the right attitude towards praise and make it a lifelong habit. Praise has many forms of expression. Psalm 150 outlines nine different ways to praise God. You can speak, shout, sing, clap your hands or raise them. You can play musical instruments; you can stand, kneel or dance. Whichever of these or a combination of these you choose, just make sure you give God heart-felt worship and high praise continually. Praise God for who He is (Psalm 150:1). Praise His name (Psalm 113:1; Psalm 135:1-3). Praise His mighty acts (Psalm 150:2). Praise Him ever more!
- Father, as praise You, grant me Your indwelling, abiding and empowering presence, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, as praise You, arise and turn every unpleasant situation around for me, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, as praise You, arise and let all enemies that are gathered against me scatter, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, as I praise You, let any wall of hindrance the enemy has mounted against me collapse, in the name of Jesus
- I declare that I have obtained gladness and joy; sorrow and mourning have flown away in my life, in the name of Jesus.
- Beginning from now, I will always sing new songs to the Lord, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, thank You for giving me deeper understanding of praise, in the name of Jesus.