How To Stay A Christian:
How to stay a Christian is one of the major challenges of every Chrisytian. This is because it is one tjing to become Christian and another thing to stay a Christian. Not all Christians are created equal. Some are better than others, right? Let’s take a look at some of the traits that set apart a true Christian from everyone else:
- A true Christian is someone who has read (or is currently reading) The Bible.
- A true Christian never expresses feelings of doubt when talking about their faith in God. God doesn’t like to hear about your doubts!
- True Christians believe that only men can be pastors or priests. Women should just shut up and pray for a while instead of trying to lead others in worship!
- True Christians don’t smoke weed or drink alcohol (because it’s addictive). And they certainly wouldn’t ever have sex outside of marriage… because they’re waiting until marriage so they can do both things at once!
- A true Christian would never eat sushi or play soccer because those things aren’t American enough for them (they’re super patriotic). Plus, you know what happened last time we let people immigrate here without knowing where they come from… It was 9/11 (even though it was 7 years ago)! So yeah, sorry if our ancestors didn’t come over on the Mayflower… or even English ships at all. We’re not really sure how they got here but we assume it has something to do with evil Muslims somewhere along the line… oh wait how did we get onto this topic again? Oh well, maybe next week we’ll talk about something more important like how this country used to be “great” before Obama became president).
How To Stay A Christian
1. Read your Bible.
You can read your Bible each day, either in the morning or when you go to bed. Either way works for reading the Bible, but if possible try to read it at the same time every day. This will help keep your daily schedule more consistent and give you a good idea of how much time you need to spend reading the Bible.
If possible, wake up 15 minutes before everyone else so that you have some quiet time with God before getting ready for work or school. If this isn’t possible because of other commitments such as getting kids ready for school or going out on a job interview then find another quiet time during your day when no one else is around and read from His word instead!
2. Pray every day.
Pray every day. The Bible says to be careful for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 1 Peter 5:7
Pray for yourself, your family and friends, your community, the world, the church, government leaders, and those who are sick or seeking healing. Pray that God will direct you so that you can do His work on earth as He does in heaven (Matthew 6:10).
3. Go to church.
Going to church is a great way to stay on track and not lose faith. It’s important to remember that you’re not alone in your spiritual journey. You’ll be surrounded by people who will love, support, and encourage you through anything life throws at you. Church also gives you access to spiritual leaders who have been studying and practicing their faith for years, meaning they have plenty of wisdom and understanding about how things work in God’s world—and more importantly, how they can help make them work for your benefit too!
It may seem daunting at first but don’t worry about being perfect just yet – these are people just like yourself (or maybe even better!) so don’t expect perfection from yourself either!
4. Start your day with the Bible.
For a Christian, the Bible is the most important book you’ll ever read. It is full of life-changing wisdom and inspiration. In order to stay in God’s good graces and experience His love, you must continue to study His word daily.
The best place to start your daily reading is Proverbs; it contains hundreds of timeless truths that will help you navigate life with wisdom and grace. The book has 31 chapters and around 1,000 verses; so if you were going to read one chapter per day (which I recommend), that would take about two months! If this seems like a long time for such an important book, don’t worry—you don’t have to do it all at once! You can also choose some passages from other books or chapters within Proverbs itself if they speak more directly to your heart at any given moment in time…
5. Attend Sunday school.
Sunday school is a great place to learn more about God and the Bible, build relationships with others, and get involved in ministry. You can take a class on your own or join a small group. If you have questions about anything related to Christianity, Sunday school is also where they will be answered.
In addition to learning more about God and the Bible, by attending Sunday school you’ll be able to make new friends. You’ll meet people who will become lifelong friends that you can turn to for support and encouragement throughout life; even if they are not part of your family or immediate circle of friends!
6. Be an example for others, and don’t be afraid to share your faith by witnessing.
You are a Christian. That means that you have a responsibility to be an example of Christ’s love, kindness, and compassion. The Bible says in 1 Peter 3:15 that we should “expose the evil deeds of darkness,” which means to expose sin (the opposite of God).
That doesn’t mean pointing out other people’s mistakes or telling them they’re wrong—in fact, it’s usually not helpful to do so. Instead, it means letting your faith show through how you live your life: how you treat others; how much time you spend with God; whether or not gossip is part of your daily routine; how often and where you go on vacation (or if not at all); what kind of music plays in the car during drives home from work each day . . . All these things matter!
If someone asks why we believe as we do, we can talk about our faith calmly and rationally without fear or hesitation because Jesus said in John 15:26b-27: “When I am lifted up from the earth [on His cross], I will draw everyone toward me.”
7. Turn away from sin, and don’t turn back.
To stay a Christian, turn away from sin. Don’t turn back.
Don’t turn away from God, prayer, the Bible or church, or your fellow Christians.
If you do this and keep doing it in spite of the temptation to sin and give up faith in Christ as your Savior and Lord, you will grow stronger in your relationship with God each day until he calls you home to heaven when it’s time for that to happen (because we all die eventually).
8. Stay close to God and you will stay a Christian
The most important thing you can do to stay a Christian is to remain close to God in your heart and mind. To do this, you must not turn back from His word or let fear of persecution keep you from sharing your faith with others. Do not be ashamed of who He is and what He has done for mankind; embrace His name and be proud of the fact that Christ died for your sins so that we may live forever with Him in Heaven.
Summary How To Stay A Christian
Being a Christian in a secular world can be a challenging endeavor. With the prevalence of non-Christian influences and values, it can be difficult to stay strong in your faith. But it is possible. Here are some tips to help you stay a Christian in a secular world.
1. Surround Yourself with Positive Christian Influences – One of the best ways to stay a Christian in a secular world is to surround yourself with other Christians who can help you stay on track and be a positive influence in your life. Seek out like-minded friends in your church, Bible study groups, and other gatherings of believers.
2. Pray Regularly – Make time each day to pray and to read your Bible. Spend time getting to know God and talk to Him about your struggles, worries, and joys. Praying and reading the Bible will help you stay grounded in your faith and will give you the strength to face any challenge that comes your way.
3. Spend Time with Christian Music and Art – Music and art can be a powerful way to stay connected to your faith. Listen to positive Christian music, watch faith-based movies, and visit art galleries to get inspired.
4. Be an Example – It’s important to be an example to those around you, both inside and outside of the Christian community. Show others that you are a Christian by following the teachings of Jesus and by living a life of faith.
5. Participate in Your Community – Get involved in your local church and community by attending events, volunteering, and joining groups. Participating in your community will help you stay connected to your faith and to other believers.
Staying a Christian in a secular world can be challenging, but it is possible. Follow these tips, and you’ll be sure to stay true to your faith.
Hope you enjoyed our article ”How To Stay A Christian” ? Stay connected with us @allpastors for more religious tips, sermons, devotionals and prayers.