How to get quick answer to prayers:
The importance of prayer can never be over emphasized. As a matter of fact, the illustrate the fundamental essence and importance of prayer, Jesus Christ himself thought us how to pray using ”the Lord Prayer”.
What is prayer?
Prayer simply means a solemn request for help or expression of thanks addressed to God. It is a religious service, especially a regular one, at which people gather in order to pray together.
Accodring to St. John Damascene , “Prayer is the raising of one’s mind and heart to God or the requesting of good things from God.” At an even more basic level, a prayer is a form of communication, a way of talking to God or to the saints, just as we talk to family or friends.
As the Catechism of the Catholic Church notes, however, not all prayers are the same. In Paragraphs 2626-2643, the Catechism describes five basic types of prayer.
Through prayer, Christians draw near to the Lord and learn more about his will for their lives. Prayer is not merely a spiritual discipline but a way of life for believers.
They all joined together constantly in prayer, along with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brothers. (NIV)
All the believers devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching, and to fellowship, and to sharing in meals (including the Lord’s Supper), and to prayer. (NLT)
But while Peter was in prison, the church prayed very earnestly for him. (NLT)
Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. (ESV)
For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you. We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives, so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God. (NIV)
Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. (NIV)
1 Thessalonians 5:16–18
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. (ESV)
1 Timothy 2:1
I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them. (NLT)
1 Peter 4:7
The end of all things is near. Therefore be alert and of sober mind so that you may pray. (NIV)
You desire but do not have, so you kill. You covet but you cannot get what you want, so you quarrel and fight. You do not have because you do not ask God. (NIV)
Types of prayer
Having briefly discussed whatr prayer is , it is also paramount to look at the different types of prayer. There are majorly /basically 5 types of prayer, namely; Adoration/Worship, Petition, Intercession, thanksgiving ands praise.
Adoration/Wosrhip: in prayer of adoration, we basically exalt the greatness and mightiness of God and express our absolute dependence on him in all things. We express our inability to do anything without him and the absolute possibility of doing all things with and through him. Examples of prayer of adoration are; Gloria (the glory to God prayer said during Cotholic Holy mass), the Act Of Faith , Cardinal Merry del Val’s Litany of Humility, etc.
Petition: in this type of prayer, we ask God for our phyical and Spiritual needs. It should be noted that our prayers of petition should always include a statement of our willingness to accept God’s Will, whether He directly answers our prayer or not. The Our Father is a good example of a prayer of petition, and the line “Thy will be done” shows that, in the end, we acknowledge that God’s plans for us are more important than what we desire. Many atimes , we pray and pray and feel God is not answering us, whereas God at that point is providing us with what is best for us. While we pray, we should always listen to God, pray that his will be manifested in our lives. Pray that God’s purpose be fulfilled in our lives. Before we were formed, God already know what we will become and only him knows the plans he has for us, and from his word in the Bible, his plans for us are those for prosperity and not disater, the plan to achieve the future we hope for.
Intercession: Intercession is a prayer of petition which leads us to pray as Jesus did.” In a prayer of intercession, we are not concerned with our needs but with the needs of others. In intercessory prayer, we basic pray for others and not for ourselves.
Thanksgiving: This is self explanatory. This is the type of prayer where we glorify God, we thank him for all he has done, all he is doing and all he will still do.
Praise: The Psalms are perhaps the best-known example of prayers of praise. Prayers of love or charity are another form of prayers of praise—expressions of our love for God, the source and object of all love. The Act of Charity, a common morning prayer, is good example of a prayer of praise.
Key Ways on How to get quick answer to prayers
It is one thing to pray, it is another thing to observe the requisite prayer attitude and behaviours. While praying , it is important to also know what is require of us for our prayers to get to God and be answered. Brethren, little prayer with good attitude is more powerful than long prayer without good attitude.
There are some factors that hinder answer to our prayers and some of them include sins, lack of faith, impatience, etc.
To have quick answer to our prayers ,it is fundamental that we observe the following :
- Pray with absolute Faith: Faith basically means complete trust or confidence in someone or something. strong belief in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual conviction rather than proof. The importance of faith in our Christian and prayer life cannot be over emphasized. Believing in the supremacy of God and the fact that he is capable of all things, nothing is impossible with him, what he cannot do does not exist, one with him is majority, is very fundamental key to having our prayers answered. The importance of faith can be seen in some of the bible verses on faith as mentioned below: Psalm 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth! Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.John 8:24 unless you believe that I am who I claim to be, you will die in your sins.
John 7:38 Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.
1 John 5:5 Who is it that overcomes the world? Only the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.
Romans 10:9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
2 Corinthians 5:7 For we walk by faith, not by sight.
Hebrews 11:6 And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
Galatians 2:16 Yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be
Romans 10:17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.
Mark 5:36 Overhearing what they said, Jesus told him, “Don’t be afraid; just believe.”
- Abstain from Sin: Sin hinders of from getting favors from God. Our God does not dwell in a dirty/sinful heart. As a matter of fact, the prayer of a sinner is like an abomination unto God. We must at all times do our best to continue living in the way that pleases God. Avoid sins and see the quick result to your prayer.1 Corinthians 10:13 says No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. Romans 3:23
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
4 And Abel also brought an offering—fat portions from some of the firstborn of his flock. The LORD looked with favor on Abel and his offering, 5 but on Cain and his offering he did not look with favor. So Cain was very angry, and his face was downcast. 6 Then the LORD said to Cain, “Why are you angry? Why is your face downcast? 7 If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must rule over it.”
19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.
- Fast from time to time: Fasting is a key aspect of prayer. you can fast not only from food and drinks but also from sins, bad attitudes. The powerfulness of fasting cannot be over exagerated. 2 Samuel 1:12
” They mourned and wept and fasted till evening for Saul and his son Jonathan, and for the army of the LORD and for the nation of Israel, because they had fallen by the sword”.
While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, “Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.”
Paul and Barnabas appointed elders for them in each church and, with prayer and fasting, committed them to the Lord, in whom they had put their trust.
I ate no choice food; no meat or wine touched my lips; and I used no lotions at all until the three weeks were over.
- Alms giving: Form the habit of giving alms to the poor and the less privileged. Visit the motherless babies and the prisioners. Remember , Jesus said, what ever you do to the list of these men, you have done for me. We can only give back to God by giving to people around us, the poor, the less privileged, the needy, the sick, the people in the prisons etc.Job 31:16-22
“If I have kept the poor from their desire,
Or have caused the eyes of the widow to fail,
Or have eaten my morsel alone,
And the orphan has not shared it
(But from my youth he grew up with me as with a father,
And from infancy I guided her),
If I have seen anyone perish for lack of clothing,
Or that the needy had no covering,
If his loins have not thanked me,
And if he has not been warmed with the fleece of my sheep,
If I have lifted up my hand against the orphan,
Because I saw I had support in the gate,
Let my shoulder fall from the socket,
And my arm be broken off at the elbow.
It is well with the man who is gracious and lends;
He will maintain his cause in judgment.
For he will never be shaken;
The righteous will be remembered forever.
He will not fear evil tidings;
His heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord.
- Pray more for the will of God than for your own will: As musch as we always have our needs, our wills and our desires to ask God for, it is important to note that the will of God is best for us. It is important for us to pray more for the will of God, his plans, his desires, his purpose to be manifested and fulfilled in our lives. Most times when we pray and it seems God is not answering us, it is becuase our human nature has blinded us from seeing the wonders God ios presently doing in our lives. Most times he is busy giving us what we need most as against what we are asking for. God’s plans remain the best for us. Only him knows the plans he has for us but we are sure that his plans for us is for good, for prosperity and for joy. He is our father and his will for us remains the best.
May God hear and answer our prayers and give us the wisdom to alway pray for his plans to manifest in our lives. May we all live to fulfil God’s purpose in our lives throgh Christ our Lord. Amen