David Jeremiah Sermon Why Don’t My Prayers Get Answered? : The founder of Turning point , Dr. David Jeremiah has come through with this wonderful sermon titled ”Why Don’t My Prayers Get Answered?”.
Be rest assured that this is a sermon you will appreciate listening to as it is filled with lessons and life changing and inspiring words.
Dr. David Jeremiah in this Everyday with Jesus episode talks about reasons why some prayers are not answered and the best way to have our prayers answered.
In this sermon, Dr. David Jeremiah gave the seven biblical reasons why our prayers sometimes go unanswered and further gave some ways to pray more biblically.
According to Dr. David Jeremiah in this edition of turning point, he said prayer and praise has great difference. The problem with unanswered prayer is not something that started with our generation. There are cases in the old testament where popular people lamented over unanswered prayers ranging from Job, Habakuk, David etc.
Prayer is a firm exercise. The only prayer God hears from someone who is not a Christian is” God have mercy on me for I am a sinner”.
Reasons why our prayers are not answered
- Our prayers are sometimes not answered because of unprayed prayers. James 4 verse 2 said ”ye have not because ye ask not. Sometimes when we say God did not answer our prayers, the fact remains that we have actually not asked God specifically of that which we lament that he has not answered us. Mathew 7:7 says, Ask and it will be given to you, Seek and you shall find, Knock and the door will be opened to you”. So we have not, because we have asked not. Be specific while praying. Tell God what you want with absolute confidence and faith that he will answer you.
- Our Prayers are not answered because of unconfessed sins. Psam 66:18 says ”If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear. Proverb 15:29 further says ”The Lord is far from the wicked but he hears the prayer of the righteous”. Proverb 28:9 also says ”One who turns his ear away from hearing the law, even his prayer is an abomination. Isaiah 1:15 ”When you spread out your hands, I will hide my eyes from you even though you make many prayers, I will not hear, your hands are full of blood. Isaiah 59: 1-2 says, Behold, the Lord’s hand is not shortened that it cannot save, nor his ear so heavy that it cannot hear, but your iniquities have separated you from your God and your sins have hidden his face from you , so that he will not hear. 1 Peter 3-12, For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are open to their prayers, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil. Sometimes Our prayers don’t get answered because we hide a particular sin in our heart. It is not because we sin but because we hide the sin in our heart, keep it unconfessed and give excuses.
- Sometimes our prayers are not answered because of unbelieving mind. James 1:6-8 says Let him ask in faith with no doubting , for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, driven and tossed by the wind, For let not that man supposed that he will receive anything from the Lord. He is a double minded man, unstable in all his ways. To be double minded means to trust God and at the same time not trust in him, to believe in God and at the same time not believe in him. Sometimes our prayers are not answered because we pray and take it back.
- Our prayers are sometimes not answered because of unrighteous motives. James 4:3 says, you ask and do not receive because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures. God is not just sitting in heaven listening to us to ask anything both the irrelevant ones and have them given to us. John 5:14 says, Now this is the confidence that we have in him, that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. Psalm 37: 4 says ”Delight yourself also on the Lord and he shall give you the desires of your heart.
- Our prayers sometimes do not get answered we pray wrong. We sometimes pray that the will of God be changed instead of the will of God to be done.
Watch, listen and meditate on this sermon by Dr David Jeremiah and remain blessed .