David Jeremiah Message The Rapture of the Church : The founder of the Turning point ministry and a senior pastor of Shadow Mountain Community Church, Dr David Jeremiah has come through with this educative and eye opening message titled the rapture of the church.
In this sermon, Pastor David Jeremiah started with reminding us all that the bible stated that there will come a day/time when millions of people will be evacuated from this world in a moment. It will be a time of chaos like never before in this world. Looking at what is happening in the world today, it is evident that the said time and event is near. That is what the bible calls the rapture.
It should be noted that the period between the first coming of Christ and thge second coming is called the church age. That is the period in which we are living now. The rapture and the second coming of Christ is not the same. The Rapture is the time when Jesus will come to take his people before the coming of tribulations. The second coming of Christ is when Jesus will come down with his people and the Angels and then set up his kingdom here on earth.
According to the book of Revelation, when Jesus comes back the second time, every eyes shall see him.
John 14 : 1-3 says; I go to prepare a place for you and if i go to prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to myself , that where I am , there you maybe also.
The Rapture is the fulfillment of the above promise of Jesus Christ.
If God created the whole world in 6 days and rested on the 7th day, how much more where he has been preparing for us for thousands of years. Imagine how the place will be.
The Careful preview of the rapture
- Dispelling the believers’ ignorance. Thessalonian 4:13 says; But I do not want you to be ignorant, Brethren.
- Describing the believers’ death. Please note that the death of a Christian is known as falling asleep.
- Defending the believer’s hope. Thessalonian 4: 13 -14 says, lest you sorrow as other who have no hope, for if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with him those who sleep in Jesus.
The creation promise of the rapture
1 Thessalonian 4: 15 says; For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep.
The Chronological program of the rapture
- There will be a return. 1 Thessalonian 4:16 says, For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. Note this time, God is not sending his Angel or anyone, he is coming himself. Jesus is coming back physically very soon.
- There will be a resurrection . 1 Corinthians 15: 52 says; in a moment, within a twinkle of an eyes…. God will call all his people to himself. The dead will rise. etc. W e are going to once again then meet our loved ones. 1 Thessalonians 4:17 says; then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up
- There will be a rapture. 1 Thessalonian 4:17 says; then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the cloud to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.
The Comforting purpose of the rapture
1 Thessalonian 4:18 says; therefore comfort one another with these words.
According to David Jeremiah, the Rapture is the most encouraging doctrine in the Bible you can ever preach, particularly to those who are going or have gone through troubles.
The question is, if we believe that Jesus is coming back, How should we live?
The main thing is for us to remember that after life here on earth, there is life elsewhere. Our life in heaven after here on earth is dependent on the way we have lived here on earth. We should be living for Jesus, we should keep our eyes on the Lord.
Watch, listen and meditate on this David Jeremiah Sermon on Rapture and stay tuned as we keep updating you with the latest and most inspiring sermons by pastors around the world.